Saturday, April 21, 2012

Why do I carry a gun?

I'll preface this by saying that I carry a gun most every where I go. In fact, there are only two places that you would find me without a gun.

So, why do I carry a gun?

1. Because I can. It is a right afforded to me by the U.S. Constitution and the Georgia State constitution. It is afforded to me by a concealed carry law that law abiding citizens should never have had to fight for. Nonetheless, it has been hard won through long and expensive legislative action to develop what we have today. It is a right and the more of us who obtain the license and carry the guns, the harder it will be for controlling politicians to reverse it in the future.

2. Because it is my duty to take responsibility for my and my family's safety. I have lots of friends who are police officers but police generally arrive at a crime scene after the criminals are long gone and the devastation to citizen victims is already done. It is foolish indeed to believe that that our civil governments have the ability to protect us from the sub human predators of our society.

3. Because I live in a real world in which I recognize that dangers are present. To do otherwise is to stick our heads in the sand and ignore an ever-present danger among us.

4. Because I want to be part of what makes criminals wonder if the next person they choose to assault may be the one that ends their life. The more law abiding citizens that are armed, the less sure criminals can be of the outcome of their actions against us.

Thanks for listening,
The Math Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment